Working at makutu's
Now open - Entry-Level and Supervisor positions
We pride in providing a working environment with NO STRESS, a lot of FUN.
We fully train you.
There is time to catch up and breath easy.
Customers come to Makutu's Island to celebrate a birthday or to just chill out.
You can earn $$Tips$$ too.
Work at a place where it is fun, easy, and supportive. Join Makutu's Island, a family fun center that is family owned business with corporate culture.
We fully train you - What you will do:
- Start in one department and get cross trained in all and then decide if you want to work a certain departments (cafe, parties, camps, arcade) and have a steady career growth, varied experiences and growth of skills
- Keep things upbeat and friendly
- Build important connections with customers; discovers and responds to their needs with a customer first attitude.
- Prepare easy to make foods - pizzas, fries, and others
- Prepare and restock food products
- Help maintain a spotless store
- Follow all health, safety and sanitation guidelines
What you bring:
- A real passion for people
- Reliable transportation
- Consistent attendance and punctuality
- You are at least 16 years old
Bonus points if you have:
- Food/service industry experience
- Cash-handling skills
- Problem-solving abilities
As a member of Makutu's Island crew, you will be interacting with customer and may also be working in a kitchen environment, rotating between front and back of house. This requires walking, bending, twisting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing and pulling to handle or move objects. You will also be asked to operate simple equipment. You also need to have the ability to communicate and exchange information with coworkers and others is also required.
- Fun - we are busy Saturday and Sundays, and rest of the days are slower
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
- We make a lot of finger foods and pizzas
- We host a lot of parties for kids
Makutu's Island - Just google us and you will see how fun of a place it is! - https://youtu.be/fzx-mupJJV0
Our largely diverse community plays a huge role in making a place that is welcoming to people from all backgrounds and walks of life. It is our mission to build up communities that empower and inspire one another, celebrating our differences and appreciating all that we each have to offer. In this regard, Makutu's Island is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Makutu's Island recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Key words:party prep, restaurant, cook, line cook, dishwasher, cashier, register, customer service, fast food, busser, server, waitress, waiter, pizza, entry level, kitchen, prep, cafe, fun place
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00/hour and upto $20/hour, based on experience
- You need to be authorized to work in the United States
- You will be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations